5.11.2010

Cross Cultural Hilarity

One of the things that I really enjoy about my internship is the fact that I've met alot of cool people who are interested in the same business that I am. Some of the interns are like me; post-graduates who are looking to break into the business. Others are college students looking for experience and credit towards their degrees. Some are local, and others are international. The group itself is diverse, and though everyone speaks english, sometimes there are some really great interactions. Out of all of us though Steve has the best misunderstandings. Let me be perfectly clear, the kid is great and his english is, by and large, flawless. However it just seems like he has the most hilarious misunderstandings.

My favorite was today:

Steve and I are headed to the subway, to go on an uptown errand

Steve gestures to the downtown subway entrance.

Steve: Come on, let's go down.

Me: No man, we'll have to use the underpass and it smells like hobo pee.

Steve: What's a hobo?

Me: Umm.. A hobo is...

Steve: No wait! I know. It's those little guys with big feet in Lord of the Rings right?

Me: ::laughing:: That's a hobbit.

Steve: Oh yeah...



More as it comes

0 comments: